Current project

Here's what I'm working on this spring and summer-

a new tank to house a pair or trio of Theloderma corticale, a type of mossy frog from Vietnam. I first saw this frog at the Portland Zoo with my Dad a few years ago and have been keeping my eye on the breeding market. Prices have gone down from $400 to $35 since the frogs were introduced as a hobby species several years ago! Females are still over $200 each due to a 10:1 sex ratio but I'll buy some juveniles and hope I get lucky.

2 Guest entries:

Kevin & Kristin said...

Oh, my goodness, I didn't think the frog would look so weird and gruesome! I wonder if the bumps are hard or soft. Yuck! Let me know as soon as you get them!

Terry said...

how interesting that frog looks, we'll have to have details, hope you get to find some ! Looks like a neat project to build the tank too.